visitors to the Service.
The Service is owned and operated by Human Planet, LLC. (“Human Planet”, “we,” “our” or “us”). Before we start, you should know that we take privacy seriously, especially when it comes to data you provide us. Our business is enabling better customer experience, not selling user data you’ve trusted us with. That being said, there are certain ways that we’ll use your Personal Data which this policy explains in detail.
• Data collection that happens offline or outside of our Service (unless otherwise stated below).
• The data practices of third parties who may interact with our Service.
To get the full picture, you should also review:
What information do we collect?
Information you give us
Personal Data. As you use the Service, we may ask you for personally identifiable information like your name, email address, or food preferences. We'll call this "Personal Information". We may collect Personal Information through forms and other interactions on the Service. This includes places like account registration, contact forms, account profile, and "Identities".
Information collected as you use the Service
We automatically collect and store information when you interact with the Service ("Usage Information"). By default we limit Usage Information access to Human Planet and its third party service providers (e.g. hosting). If you've approved access for any third parties, we'll also share with them.
We store and access Usage Information using a few technologies downloaded to your device. This happens whenever you interact with our Service. In our world, a "Device" may be your personal computer, browser, tablet, mobile phone, or wearable. Usage Information associated with Personal Information provided via the Service becomes Personal Information too.
Usage Information includes things like:
• Details about your activities at an Identity location, limited to what you approved upon arrival.
• Ways to identify your device. Your IP address, UUID, or other unique identifier ("Device Identifier"). A Device Identifier is a string that Human Planet automatically assigns to your Device to access the Service.
• Your Device functionality (e.g. browser, operating system, hardware, and mobile network).
• How you found the Service (e.g. referring website)
• Your activity in the Service. So we can do things like remember you and your preferences.
• Your Device's location.
• General information about your Device (e.g. characteristics, time of day, etc.).
We or our vendors may use a few methods to store or collect Usage Information ("Tracking Technologies"). Tracking Technologies may set and change settings on your Device.
We and our vendors may also use tools like web beacons ("clear gifs"), scripts, and images to help manage site content and usage.
These technologies help us understand the performance and usefulness of content in the Service. We use these insights to improve the content, products or services offered through the Service.
Tracking Technologies used by our service providers are not covered by this policy. We don't have control over them, but do screen to make sure they have acceptable policies before integrating.
We get your consent to our storage and collection Tracking Technologies in a few ways:
• Allowing you to choose to third parties access to your data
• Giving you the opportunity to choose to disable cookies.
FYI: We are not required to get consent for Tracking Technology that's strictly necessary to the Service. For example, using cookies as a way to improve security through fraud prevention.
THIRD PARTY TRACKING
Human Planet may use other Tracking Technologies (some which may not exist yet) in connection with the Service in the future.
"DO NOT TRACK"
Some third parties have ways (e.g. Browser do-not-track signals) for users to control how online services collect their information. We don't currently take any action based on these signals, however this may change in the future.
Information third parties provide about you
Interactions with third party services
When you use third party services, they are responsible for their practices. We can only vouch for our services and policies, and cannot be responsible for their practices. Be sure to review third-party policies before using their tools on our Service.
How we handle payments
How do we use information we collect?
We may use Personal, Demographic or Usage Information that we collect about you:
1) To give you information, services, or process transactions you request or agree to receive. This includes sending email or promotional materials on behalf of us or approved third parties.
2) To enable you to use the Services' features.
3) To process your registration to use the Services, including verifying that your information is active and valid.
4) To improve the Services or create new service offerings. To customize your experience and content on the Services.
5) To contact you about your use of the Services. This includes (at our discretion) changes to the any of the Services and/or any of the Services' policies.
6) To send marketing emails about third party products and services when you have indicated your consent to receive such emails.
7) For internal business purposes.
When you contact us, we will use that information only for reasons connected with your request. Not all information submitted the Service via a "contact us" form or other similar inquiry method may receive a response.
When do we share information with third parties?
We may also disclose your information as follows:
• Requested Third Parties: Our service may present options to receive certain information or marketing from third parties. You may also have us send (or give access to) certain information to third parties. If you choose to do so, your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed to those third parties. All information you disclose will be subject to the third-party privacy policies and practices.
• Service Providers: We may use third-party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of us or the Service. A few examples include hosting the Service, analytics, and other administrative services. We may provide these vendors with access to user information, including Device Identifiers and Personal Information, to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us. Third-party analytics services providers such as Google Analytics and other service providers may set and access their own Tracking Technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, potentially including Personal Information, about you. We are not responsible for those third party technologies or activities arising out of them, nor are we responsible for the effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties' opt-out options. We are not responsible for those third party technologies or activities arising out of them.
• Business Transfers: We may share your Personal Information with our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates ("Affiliates"). We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Service or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
• Your use: The Service may permit you to submit ideas, photographs, user profiles, writings, music, video, audio recordings, graphics, pictures, data, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, including Personal Information (collectively, "User Content"), particularly as part of your profile. We or others may store, display, reproduce, publish, distribute or otherwise use User Content online or offline in any media or format (currently existing or hereafter developed) and may or may not attribute it to you. Others may have access to this User Content and may have the ability to share it with third parties. Please think carefully before deciding what information you share, including Personal Information, in connection with your User Content. Please note that Human Planet does not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make public, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available on the Service or what others do with information you share with them on the Service. We are not responsible for the accuracy, use or misuse of any User Content that you disclose or receive from third parties through the Service.
Third party content and services
The Service may contain content that is supplied by a third party, and those third parties may collect Usage Information and your Device Identifier when pages from the Service are served to you. In addition, when you are on the Service you may be directed to other services that are operated and controlled by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the data collection and privacy practices employed by any of these third parties or their services and they may be tracking you across multiple sites and may be sharing the results of that tracking with us and/or others. For example, if you click on a link, the click may take you off the Service onto a different site. These other sites may associate their Tracking Technologies with you, independently collect data about you, including Personal Information, and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. We encourage you to note when you leave our Service and to review the third-party privacy policies of all third-party websites and exercise caution in connection with them.
Changing information and communication preferences
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of registration. The Service may allow you to review, correct or update Personal Information you have provided through the Service's registration forms or otherwise, and you may provide registration updates and changes by contacting us. If so, we will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable (but we may retain prior information as business records). Please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons. When you edit your Personal Information or change your preferences on the Service, information that you remove may persist internally for Human Planet's administrative purposes. You may cancel or modify our email marketing communications you receive from us by following the instructions contained within our promotional emails or in some cases by logging into your Service account and changing your communication preferences. This will not affect subsequent subscriptions and if your opt-out is limited to certain types of emails the opt-out will be so limited. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of our Service, such as administrative and service announcements and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from receiving our marketing communications.
Our Service is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect, including Personal Information, will be transferred to, and processed, stored and used in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may differ from those of the country in which you are located, and your Personal Information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States according to laws of the United States. We are in the process of researching EU Safe Harbor compliance.
Children & COPPA
We are a general audience service and do not use the Service to knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) that requires parental notice and consent under the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") without such parental consent. In fact, if you are under 15 years of age, you are not permitted to use the Service and should not send any information about yourself to us through the Service.
In the event that we become aware that we have collected personal information from any child, we will dispose of that information in accordance with COPPA and other applicable laws and regulations. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information without COPPA-required consent, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
We make every effort to use commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can guarantee to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Service and provide us with your information at your own risk.
Contacting Human Planet
Human Planet, LLC.
1101 West 34th Street, #452
Austin, TX 78705
What happens when this policy changes?
© 2017 Human Planet, LLC. All rights reserved.